09 September 2009

Hey...is that the new guy?

This is my first foray into blogging. Add blogging and blogger to the lists of things I swore I would never want to do or be. But here I am. Blogging. About being a runner. Runner is another descriptor on my lists.
No doubt I am blogging, I'm just not sure if what I am doing is running or if I fit the definition of a runner, whatever that is. I've run a road half-marathon, road marathon, several trail 25Ks and a little 7 mile trail race in Urbandale, Iowa. That's it. I know it's a shallow resume but I also know I like what I am doing, and everytime I do something (i.e. race), I want to do it more, I want to improve and I want to go farther. And I LOVE trails. I think those are at least a few of the minimum requirements to being an Ultra runner.
So, I'm training for my biggest goals to date. For 2009 : 1 to 2 short course trail Ultras and as a stretch goal, a 50 miler. I am not as witty or well written as most of the people I've been following through blogs. But I look forward to extending my Ultra network, getting to know as many of you as possible and learning a few things along the way. Right now I'm in the "the more I learn the less I know" stage. I can't seem to get enough information about this sport fast enough. At the same time I'm trying to avoid over-complicating something I care about. It's one thing to train hard but I think training in a smart, purposeful manner sets you aside.

So bear with me as I get started with Ultra running and blogging. I'm planning on getting better at both.

No comments:

Post a Comment